Morlu Incinerator
Class: Demon Hunter
B.Net Battle Tag: Shinna#2251

Re: Site feedback

Post by Shinna » 05 Nov 2014, 01:37

bagstone wrote:
search.php?search_id=newposts

Let's me always see all new posts.
Just put it as a hyperlink into the existing navigation at the frontpage. So everyone can use it without a bookmark. :>
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!

bagstone
Site Admin
Class: Crusader
B.Net Battle Tag: bagstone#2613

Post by bagstone » 05 Nov 2014, 11:14

Shinna wrote:
bagstone wrote:
search.php?search_id=newposts

Let's me always see all new posts.
Just put it as a hyperlink into the existing navigation at the frontpage. So everyone can use it without a bookmark. :>
It's technically already there - click on "Quick links" and then "New posts". I'm looking if there's an easy way to modify it so that this shows up directly and does only require one click... but kind of don't want to tinker with the HTML as it would then "break on update". But I'll see what I can do.

Shinna
Morlu Incinerator
Class: Demon Hunter
B.Net Battle Tag: Shinna#2251

Post by Shinna » 05 Nov 2014, 15:47

Its pretty easy. You just have to add a single line of code.
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!

bagstone
Site Admin

Post by bagstone » 05 Nov 2014, 16:27

If done correctly, it's actually four lines of code :P

Yes it is ridiculously easy, but that's not the point. The point is that this goes against programming ethics, as it's altering parts of code that should not be altered (unless through an extension or something else that can be maintained via ACP). There is no CSS/HTML editing feature in the ACP to change the navbar (nor the header/footer in general).

Anyways, I added it. Just need to keep a note somewhere to add this back in whenever I update the forum software or any other the style to edit those lines of code again. Not a big deal, just not "clean" :-)

bagstone
Site Admin

Post by bagstone » 12 Nov 2014, 14:19

Yay! Found a "recent topics" extension, which is far more elegant than the previous solution. Should work for everyone now - even if you're not logged in.

Jamoose
Golgor
Class: All classes
B.Net Battle Tag: Jamoose#2376

Post by Jamoose » 12 Nov 2014, 14:33

bagstone wrote:Yay! Found a "recent topics" extension, which is far more elegant than the previous solution. Should work for everyone now - even if you're not logged in.
Awesome!